October 28, 2016
Categorised in: Computer Forensic & Cyber Applications
A repeater is an electronic device that receives a signal and retransmits it at a higher level or higher power, or onto the other side of an obstruction, so that the signal can cover longer distances
require a small amount of time to regenerate the signal.
cause a propagation delay which can affect network communication when there are several repeaters in a row.
Many network architectures limit the number of repeaters that can be used in a row.
work only at the physical layer of the OSI network model.
Advantages of using repeaters
- Extend network physical distance
- Do not seriously affect network performance
- Special repeaters connect different media. e.g. copper to fiber
Disadvantages of using repeaters
- Cannot connect different network architectures. e.g. token ring and ethernet
- Cannot reduce network traffic
- Repeaters are part of a collision domain
Pratik Kataria is currently learning Springboot and Hibernate.
Softwares known and worked on: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe After Effects.