Database Management System (DBMS)
September 17, 2016
Categorised in: Database Management System
Database is a collection of data. It contains information about one particular enterprise. DBMS is a set of prewritten programs that are used to store, update and retrieve a database. It accepts requests for data from the application program and instructs the operating system to transfer the appropriate data.
Some Application Areas
- Banking and financial services
- Culture and scientific information
- Library systems
One can derive importance of DBMS from above points.
Advantages of DBMS
- Redundancy can be reduced
- Inconsistency can be avoided
- The data can be shared
- Standards are enforced
- Security can be enforced
- Integrity can be maintained
Disadvantages of DBMS
- Confidentiality, Privacy and Security
- Enterprise Vulnerability
- The cost of using DBMS
- Few graphical functionalities
- Requires expertise
Pratik Kataria is currently learning Springboot and Hibernate.
Softwares known and worked on: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe After Effects.