October 28, 2016
Categorised in: Computer Forensic & Cyber Applications
Also called learning bridges
Build a table of MAC addresses as frames arrive
Ethernet networks use transparent bridges
Token Ring networks use source-routing bridges
- Extend physical network
- Reduce network traffic with minor segmentation
- Creates separate collision domains
- Reduce collisions
- Connect different architecture
- Slower than repeaters due to filtering
- Do not filter broadcasts
- More expensive than repeaters
Pratik Kataria is currently learning Springboot and Hibernate.
Softwares known and worked on: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe After Effects.